Pages

Teacher Spotlight: Jeffrey Simons



Jeffrey's Path To Wellness:

I live on Bowen Island, the sweet spot of the universe and own and operate Seven Hills Yoga Studio. Yoga has become the centre point of my daily life and I discovered that sharing yoga is my dharma (life’s purpose).

I started a formal practice of yoga while at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. I had been suffering from chronic pain for almost two decades and was almost crippled with it. I went to the Mayo Clinic as a last resort. While attending their three week pain rehabilitation program they taught me how to breathe, meditate and do yoga. It was the essence of my recovery. At the end of my time there I was almost pain free and had a lightness in my being that I had not had in my adult life.

I have continued to practice and study since leaving the clinic.

Meditation and yoga are part of my daily life now and the staff at the Mayo clinic and my yoga teachers have all encouraged me to teach which seems to be my natural calling. The teachers path was a wonderful experience for me.

I am certified Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga Teacher and currently enrolled in the South Okanagan Yoga Academy (SOYA) 500 hours teacher training program. Also I continue to follow my own paths of study in the areas of mind body fitness and development.

I have been fortunate to study with Suzan Wood, Dr. Deepak Chopra, Dr. David Simon, Claire E. Diab, Davidji, Chris Clancy and many others on this path.

Yoga has benefited my life in ways I would have never expected and I hope I can share these benefits with you.

Contact Jeffrey at:
www.sevenhillsyoga.com
jeffrey@sevenhillsyoga.com
604-671-2845
1237 Scarborough Road, Bowen Island, BC